Monday, June 28, 2010

Hey Now!!




Hello strangers. Iv been very busy with the students and without the glory of the internet. Im now in the Hotel lobby munching on pizza, that is comparable to home. So far this week as been great kids are cool and no one nagging me to the point where I'm tired yet.









One day with the students I did bear witness to a horrific sight. We were driving back from a temple and in the distance there was a black mushroom cloud rising high into the sky. As we came closer to the scene that was a car engulfed in flames. I knew something went horribly wrong because a car accident in Cambodia is much bigger then one that would happen in the states, on multiple levels. As I approached the accident on foot I could a flat bed truck flipped over still on fire with a burnt body laying aside it. The body laying there was frozen in time with an distraught expression. The story was 15 people where in the flat bed of a truck with one driving. The car had a blow out and thrown its cargo of people into the rice fields killing them instantly. For some reason one body was left behind and the driver life was sparred which is the usual case. The feeling that came over me was nothing that I have felt before and most likely wont for some time. In a way I am glad to say I experienced this, I know have a slight feeling what its like to be in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment